Protect Your Property With Annual Termite Inspections
Annual termite inspections are a fundamental part of the protection and upkeep of Queensland homes. Termites can go unnoticed for a substantial amount of time and can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damages.
Drywood Termites nest inside the wood they are infesting and do not require any contact with soil. They tend to hollow out the wood leaving only a thin outer layer of healthy wood, which makes them so hard to detect without specialised equipment.
Subterranean termites need moist soil and darkness to flourish. They build tunnels between their nests and their food (your house!). Subterranean termites cause more significant damage than drywood termites. The moisture termites create when they are eating and tunnelling can cause the wood to warp, which can make doors hard to close, this can be an indication not only of dampness or excess moisture and humidity swelling the wood, but in actual fact a termite infestation.
How to protect your property against a termite infestation:
- Regular, Annual termite inspections
- Reduce moisture around your home – ensure water flows away from the building
- Reduce termite food source- wood/ paper- tree stumps, rotting timber, piles of old timber/ cardboard boxes
- Clearing the perimeter and roof void so that any entry points can be seen
- Avoid substantial garden beds adjacent to the house (regular watering and mulch can make this an attractive option for termites)
- Ensure gutters and downpipes don’t leak and remove storm water efficiently away from the house.
Licenced Termite inspectors use thermal imaging and radar technology to investigate the property for signs of any termite activity. They then provide thorough, reliable and compliant reports on their findings that include all areas inspected, any areas of concern or evidence of past termite infestations. They will then provide any treatment recommendations if necessary.
They will also provide advice on any areas that can be attractive to termites and preventative measures.
Being proactive with Annual termite Inspections will give you peace of mind and save you time and money.
There are many companies that offer Termite inspections, Treatment and solutions on the Gold Coast and although we have no preference, the majority of our clients currently use GC Pest Control as they are very professional, efficient and reliable.
Contact them here for a quote : https://www.gcpestcontrol.com.au/